BI Fruit Club is the newest chapter of the Western Cascade Fruit Society.
The WSFC was founded in 1980 and is made up of chapters throughout Western Washington whose members are aspiring hobby orchardists and backyard fruit growers. Our primary objective is to bring together new and experienced fruit growers who will promote the science, cultivation and pleasure of growing fruit bearing trees, vines and plants in the home landscape. Local chapters disseminate information through education, fruit shows, orchard tours, meetings, workshops, and publications.
As a non-profit organization WCFS is the parent organization to nine affiliated chapters. WCFS publishes a quarterly BeeLine newsletter to inform members of events, tours, articles, and reports. Members receive automatic membership in WCFS after joining an affiliated Chapter. Membership in the WCFS is through its individual chapters. (For more information, visit http://wcfs.org).
The BI Fruit Club was recently established and voted into the WCFS on September 13, 2014. We are now in the process of enrolling new members and developing an agenda for future speakers, field trips, and workshops.
If you have any questions about joining the club or upcoming events/speakers, please feel free to email us at BIFruitClub@gmail.com.
Monthly Meetings Are The 3rd Thursday of every Month•The location is usually at the Bainbridge Island Grange: 10340 Madison Ave NE Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- August 24th Fruit Club Meeting and Garden Tour August 2, 2017
- June’s Club Meeting is on Blueberries! June 2, 2017
- 376 May 8, 2017
- May’s Club Meeting is Permaculture! May 8, 2017
- April’s Meeting-“Renovating Old Fruit Trees” April 4, 2017
- March 16th- Fruit Club Meeting – Annual Fruit Tree Grafting Workshop!! March 7, 2017
- January Club Meeting = Success!! January 27, 2017
- Oct. 22 – Fall Fruit Show presented by Peninsula Fruit Club October 6, 2016
- SWD Monitoring and Managment Webinar Handout October 4, 2016
- October 15- Fruit Club Meeting October 4, 2016
- BCB Radio Interview with Darren Murphy August 31, 2016
- Pruning Workshop at Johnson Farm July 16, 2016 July 8, 2016
- July 21st Fruit Club Meeting July 8, 2016
- Spotted Winged Drosophila Monitoring and Managing April 12, 2016
- April’s Club Meeting is on the 21st! April 5, 2016
- March 17th is our Annual Grafting Workshop! March 3, 2016
- January meeting Notes January 27, 2016
- January’s Fruit Club Meeting – January 19, 2016
- Beyond the Honeycrisp Apple – A NY Times article November 4, 2015
- November’s Meeting November 4, 2015